The Green Blizzard Green App of the Month is a handy guide to the fruits and vegetables with the most and least pesticide residue.
Believe it or not, avoiding pesticides leads to a lighter carbon footprint.
The Dirty Dozen – Guide to Pesticide Residue on Fruits and Vegetables
Apparently there is growing evidence that even small doses of some pesticides can cause lasting damage to human health, especially during fetal development and early childhood and given that’s it’s the peak of the fruit and vegetable season, we thought this information would be helpful to our readers, sooner, rather than later….
For other independent insights on The Dirty Dozen App:
- Dirty Dozen iphone App Description
- Washington Post Article on the Dirty Dozen and Clean 15 (June 1)
- CNN Report on the Dirty Dozen and the Clean 15
Other Green Blizzard insights on healthy, organic foods
- Benefits of Local Organic Produce
- Carbon Impact of Meats
- Coolest Kid at the Lunch Table
- Growing Basil – Enviro Benefits
Other useful Green Apps